Calling all designers and chicken lovers, students and adults alike! Grab a pencil, graph paper and your best ideas and enter Tumbleweed's Chicken Coop Design Contest in honor of McKinney's Tour de Coop Chicken Coop Tour.
The winning designer will receive a $100 cash prize and have his/her design built by Integrity Custom. The coop will be proudly displayed in all it's glory for the entire month of April at Chestnut Square Historical Village, and will then be auctioned off during McKinney's Tour de Coop. All auction proceeds will be split equally among Chestnut Square Historical Village and Parks Church's Community Hot Meals Charity.
This is the time to flaunt your design skills! Enter as an individual or as a team. We'll shout your name (or names) from the rooftops if your design is chosen! See details below and get sketching.
1. Chicken coop design must not exceed 75 sq. Feet and 8 ft. in height.
2. The coop design must include at least one salvaged or sustainable element. Salvage and sustainable is defined as any element that is recycled or re-purposed. The item must be easily attainable, or you must already have in hand.*
3. To enter, fill out the form HERE. A complete submission must include scaled plans with elevations, a completed form, and a $10 entry fee. Scaled plans and elevations can either be hand drawn or computer generated. The $10 entry fee can be paid when dropping off your submissions at Tumbleweeds Architectural Company in downtown McKinney, TX.
4. All submissions will be stored at Tumbleweeds until April 29, 2017, when they will be displayed during the McKinney Tour de Coop.
5. Submissions will be judged by a panel including a local architect, builder, and the McKinney Tour de Coop board. Designs will be judged on creativity and feasibility. The winner will be announced on March 17, 2017.
6. Along with a $100 prize, the winner will receive the honor of having his/her chicken coop built and displayed for the month of April at Chestnut Square's Farmer's Market with the winning designer's name. The coop will be auctioned and the proceeds going to the charities mentioned above.
7. Submission deadline is March 13, 2017.
8. Get your family and friends involved. Entries can be from an individual, team or business. Only one entry per name, but it must be an original design!
9. Entries may be photographed and shared on various forms of social media. No names will be shared without the consent of the designer.
*Tumbleweeds Architectural Supply Company & Integrity Custom reserves the right to substitute material and/or alter design as needed for stability or building feasibility. Every effort will be made to maintain design integrity and have the designer's input on appropriate substitutions if and where needed.